Active Performance Checking
Open an Active Performance Checking account with direct deposit to earn a competitive rate, plus receive unlimited nationwide ATM fee* refunds. Watching your green grow is easy. Simply use your debit card for everyday purchases, sign-up of eStatements, and login to online banking at least once per statement cycle. Your rewards are waiting.
Earning rewards is easy!
To earn your rewards, simply do the following activities and transactions in your Active Performance checking account each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least 12 PIN-based or signature-based debit card purchases post and settle (per qualification cycle).
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive eStatements.
- Be enrolled in and log into online banking (once per qualification cycle). Access is required by an account owner.
- Include one direct deposit or ACH (Automated Clearing House) per qualification cycle.
Even if you don't qualify, there's still no monthly service fee, and you still earn interest at the base rate. Plus, you can get back to earning the huge rewards the very next monthly qualification cycle.
- 2.00% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- 2.00% to 0.41% APY on balances over $10,000 depending on balance in account*
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren't met
- Refunds on ATM fees, nationwide (up to $15 monthly)*
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- Unlimited check writing
- Online banking with bill pay
- Mobile banking available
- Popmoney available
- Debit MasterCard® available
- Direct deposit
- $100 minimum deposit to open
*Account Disclosure Information
- APY= Annual Percentage Yield.
- Minimum deposit to open account is $100.
- No Minimum balance required for account.
- Required to have at least one direct deposit or ACH (Automated Clearing House) to the account during the monthly qualification cycle. We reserve the right to convert the account to a Choice Checking account if the account does not qualify over 3 consecutive Statement Cycles.
- Transactions and activities may take one (1) or more business days from the date transaction occurred to post and settle to the account.
- “Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning one (1) Business Day prior to the first day of the current Statement Cycle through one (1) Business Day prior to close of the current Statement Cycle.
- “Business Day” means a calendar day other than a Saturday or a Sunday, January 1, the third Monday in January, the third Monday in February, the last Monday in May, July 4, the first Monday in September, the second Monday in October, November 11, the fourth Thursday in November, or December 25. If January 1, July 4, November 11, or December 25 falls on a Sunday, the next Monday is not a business day.
- Active Performance Checking account qualifications are met during a Monthly Qualification Cycle, (1) an interest rate of 1.98% will be paid on the portion of your daily balance that is less than $10,000 and the annual percentage yield for this tier is 2.00%. An interest rate of .25% will be paid on the portion of your daily balance that is great than $10,000 resulting in annual percentage yield for this tier ranging from .25% to .41%, depending on the accounts balance.
- (2) Reimbursements up to $15.00 for nationwide ATM fees incurred during the Monthly Qualification cycle in which you qualified. If you believe you have not been reimbursed the correct amount of ATM fees you must contact us with in (30) calendar days after the statement cycle where the reimbursement was applicable in order to receive a refund. Note: ATM withdrawals do not count as qualifying debit card transactions for purposes of earning rewards within this account. You may be charged a transaction fee for using your Debit Card at an ATM that is not owned by Denmark State Bank. If you meet the monthly qualifications during the monthly qualification cycle, those domestic ATM fees will be reimbursed.
- Active Performance Checking qualifications are not met, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be .05% with an annual percentage yield of .05% and ATM fees are not refunded.
- The account is not to be used for commercial purposes and there is a limit of 1 account per Social Security Number.
- A debit card is included with your account.
- All products/services are subject to bank/credit approval.
- Rates and rewards are variable and at our discretion may change after account is opened without notice to you. Fees may reduce earnings.